2015 Employment Opportunities
The New Mexico State University Golf Course is always looking for employees with the ability to provide our customers with unequaled customer service.
Are you Customer Service Oriented?
- Do you have an outgoing personality with the confidence and ability to converse with all guests and co-workers?
- Do you demonstrate strong traits of initiative, attention to detail, follow-up, pride and ownership in a job well done?
- Do you have the ability to remember guest names and use them to provide personalized attention?
- Do you have a neat, clean cut and conservative appearance?
- Do you have the desire and dedication to achieve 100% attendance. Being available, alert, prompt and attentive?
Are you looking for Employment Experience?
- Do you like the idea of working with a diversified clientele and staff?
- Do you like the idea of developing networking skills?
- Do you like the idea of meeting high expectations and developing leadership skills?
- Do you like the idea of having an on-campus job and internship opportunities?
If you answered Yes to the above questions, we want you on our team!
General Position Descriptions
Golf Shop Assistants
Handle all aspects of ensuring guests have an enjoyable and entertaining experience. Principal positions include Pro Shop Attendants, Outside Service Attendants, Starters and Marshals. All staff members are trained in all positions.
Handle all aspects of ensuring guests have and enjoyable experience with our food and beverage operation. Principal positions include Servers, Bar Tenders and Beverage Cart Operators.
Pro Shop Attendant – Handle all aspects of guest check-in and sales in the Pro Shop. Principal tasks include welcoming guests with energetic and informative conversation, managing all course information and facilitating movement of guests in coordination with the starters and outside attendants. All guests should be ensured an entertaining experience.
Outside Service Attendants
Are responsible for many of the first impressions out guests will have. Principal tasks included welcoming guests, managing the bag drop, managing the cart staging area and cart return area, attending to all practice facilities and facilitating the movement of guests to the first tee in coordination with the starter and pro shop attendants.
Starters and Marshals
Handle all aspects of organizing play and on-course player’s assistance. Principal tasks include welcoming guests, enforcing NMSU Golf Course Rules and Regulations and helping guests enjoy their golfing experience.
Handle all aspects of the food and beverage operation. Principal tasks include welcoming guests, presenting and selling food items and beverages both in the Player’s Grill and on the golf course and catering to the time needs of our guests.
All staff members are cross trained and scheduled in positions based upon operational needs.
Must have a a pleasant, outgoing personality, be of good character, possess a genuine desire to excel in a team oriented environment.
Candidates should be able to exhibit grace under pressure, realizing the his/her attention may be demanded in several different situations simultaneously.
Must have good service and communication skills and be able to contribute to a positive overall customer experience.
Golfing ability is not a prerequisite although an interest in golf and the enjoyment of the game is desirable.
Hours of Operation
The NMSU Golf Course is open from daylight through dusk year round with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas. The NMSU Golf Course is open on all weekends and holidays and is a high volume golf course. The ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours is a requirement of all positions.
The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays and must be available for employment during the summer months.
Rate of Pay
15-20 per week
Depends on Experience
Various shifts 6:00am – 8:00pm